Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gto trans

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gto trans

So im still wondering about a stall honestly how long will my trans last ? ? and if i dont have a cam or anything in it yet will that make the stall less damaging to the trans ? is there a cam that would give me a decent ammount of power and allow me to not have a cam ?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:16 AM
STG
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOTKO
So im still wondering about a stall honestly how long will my trans last ? ? and if i dont have a cam or anything in it yet will that make the stall less damaging to the trans ? is there a cam that would give me a decent ammount of power and allow me to not have a cam ?
A tranny cooler will do a lot for the durability of the transmission, especially with a stall. The main problem with stalled converters is that they heat up the fluid while slipping. Buying a good converter is also important - better to spend the money now then after a crappy one blows up the entire trans.

I assume the last question is whether there are any cams you can run without a stall. I'm no expert, but I would say that there are a lot of smaller cams that would fit that description. You only really need the stall when you get a cam big enough to cause surging issues and things like that, though it will help you get into the powerband faster on any cam.

Last edited by STG; 09-11-2009 at 03:18 AM. Reason: clarity