Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tci flexplate issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tci flexplate issues

If someone could give some reasurance it would be great. I am installing a convertor and when i was bolting the convertor to the new tci flex plate i noticed the bolt head hits by a small margin a bolt on the back of the engine when i turn the flexplate. If i just got a new bolt with smaller head would this be normal and also what length since i have to add a washer to get the needed clearance. Thanks In advance
Old 09-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snowedz06
If someone could give some reasurance it would be great. I am installing a convertor and when i was bolting the convertor to the new tci flex plate i noticed the bolt head hits by a small margin a bolt on the back of the engine when i turn the flexplate. If i just got a new bolt with smaller head would this be normal and also what length since i have to add a washer to get the needed clearance. Thanks In advance
Snowedz06,
I would be glad to help you out i just have a few more questions. what converter? what trans? what flex plate? what engine? Typically it is ok to use a little washer if need to as long as the pilot remains in the crank. With a 1/16th thick washer the factory bolts are normally long enough but there are many variables in this situation so if you can call or email mail me i can get you a little quicker help.

Russ
Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snowedz06
i had same problem with tci plate and arp bolts.they hit the ribs on oil pan.i just made clearance (notch ribs).