Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok well here goes another try at it..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok well here goes another try at it..

I have a 2002 trans am, A4 and well here is my problem, whenever i step on the gas first gear hits at about 10 mph, then when its time for second gear to hit, it wont the rpm keeps on rising buthte speed rises way to slow, and second gear will never hit if i was to keep steping on the the rpm would go al the way up without the gear shifting, but if i press the gas down all the way from the start it will go all the way to 80-90 and stall there witht the engine reving but wont go passed that. i already checked trans fluid and stuff and ill have to drive it a while see how it goes, but i dont want to drive it and mess it up even more.

hope you guys can help.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok so the RPMs climb but the MPH seems to be slow to increase. If I had to guess I think you have a transmission that is slipping. Do you have a check engine light and if so have you had it checked for codes? That would be a place to start. Vince B
Old 09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Teching In

yes sir, exactly i have no check engine light what so ever, how ever trans fluid was low, i didnt even think of checkign got car for a dealer 2 days ago, but i did put some trans fluid now, and i know i have to run it for a good time for it to get better, im hoping thats the problem.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure that the fluid level is to the top of the cross hatched area on the dipstick. These transmissions really do not like to be run low on fluid. Once it is full it should not take time for it to fix itself. If that is the case then you have other problems going on. Vince B
Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Teching In

honestly i didnt drive it but for like 2 min around my block dunno if that was enough time, i was afraid it would be the tranny.