Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80 swap questions..dust cover ,etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4l80 swap questions..dust cover ,etc.

Wondering do you guys run 4l80 dust cover or turbo 400 or some universal dust cover?
Also any good locations underhood for switched power especially on passenger side..? Need a source for the conversion harness power and don't want to run back into car or to drivers side if dont' have to.
Also will the stock 4l60 shifter bolt down to some existing holes on center hump, so you can get it in proper place so console lines up well? Or is it just trial and error where you mount it.
What shifter lever to go to shift cable did you use..4l80 one ? anyone have part number? Did you mod the 4l60 shifter bracket that goes onto tranny or use 4l80 bracket there also...again anyone have part number?
Anyone have wiring diagram for the 4l60 neutral safety ,back up switch?
Just trying to finish up my t56 to 4l80 swap.

Last edited by MY99TAWS6; 11-01-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I used stock 60e cable. You have to elongate the holes on the mount for the holes to line up to the pan.

Not running a cover on mine.

I think the holes should be there for the shifter but not positive.

You could tap into a pcm wire for power.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

the 4l80e has a heavy cast cover, also bolts to the oil pan, mine didnt fit because it hit the p/s headers-i never run one anyway
Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
I used stock 60e cable. You have to elongate the holes on the mount for the holes to line up to the pan.

Not running a cover on mine.

I think the holes should be there for the shifter but not positive.

You could tap into a pcm wire for power.
Ok will elongate holes on 4l60 bracket.
So covers are not really necessary? Sounds like might not work anyway. I have aps turbos so have hooker ypipe of the downpipes . Didn't get cover with tranny to even try was also wondering if some universal type would work saw a plastic one but did't say it would work on 4l80 thought it might be easy to trim up if they made a similar one for 4l80.

Anyone else running a cover and do you have pics?

So what shifter arm..the 4l80..any part number
What part number for pnp pigtail ,shiftlock pigtail..shiftlock switch?
I am missing shiftlock switch.
Anyone hook cable up so they get the wheel lock to work when the key is taken out?
I am hoping to have everything work like a stock auto if possible..neutral safety, reverse lights, shiftlock,steering column lock.

Anyone tell me good wire on pcm to tap into? Are there no free unused 12 volt switched pins on the ecu??? I guess if there were they would have put ecu pin on that power wire not just a plain ended wire.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:43 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Sorry I do not have any pictures. We have in the past sent an aluminum cover depending on the application. I believe if you are using a 99 and later 4l80e in a LS1 application, you can use the cover from the trucks using this trans. The nice part is it bolts directly to the oil pan and also the trans. This is what I would call a structural inspection cover. I have trimmed a couple with the trans for clearance issues and they turned out nice. In some cases I understand it could be an issue if you already have pipes in the way. The right way to do it would be to have the trans w/cover installed before the piping is run. Just a thought. Vince

Quick Reply: 4l80 swap questions..dust cover ,etc.