Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install Tips on my 4x4 Trans Converter install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Install Tips on my 4x4 Trans Converter install?

Hey everyone, I have a 2007 NNBS 4x4 silverado with the vortec max. I got my Yank Pro Truck 3200 stall in the mail on last friday and today I started tearing the truck apart. So far I have taken off the tranny linkage on the drivers side, the rear drive shaft, the front drive shaft from the front diff and the converter bolts. The only stuff I havent taken apart yet is the two lower tranny bolts, cross member and the transmission cooler lines. Is there anything else I need to disconnect before I go ahead and get all of that done and try to drop the transmission and transfer case? I was planning on dropping everything all at once with a couple of jacks. Is that a good or bad idea? Should I disconnect it from the transfer case for any reason? anything I should know before I do it?

tommorrow when I get to the point of installing my new converter, what is it going to be like? 2 or 3 clicks? will it sit the same distance from the edge of the bell housing as the stock one did? Thanks for the help guys.