Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e with lq4 question about computer and custom harness and tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e with lq4 question about computer and custom harness and tuning

Im doing a swap into a Fox body coupe mustang and iwant to use a 4l80e with the lq4 6.0 I already have. My question is I am haveing a custom harness built for the swap do I just have them build the harness to work with the 4l80e or do I still have to use an adapter of some sort? I also have not bought the computer will it make it easier if i buy a certain computer Or should I just buy one for a 99 or newer ls1 fbody? Is there any thing special that has to be done as far as tuning If I just buy the Fbody computer? I have tried searching but noting came up for my apllication. Basicly Im buying the custom harness and computer so i want to get what will make it the easiest and least head ache.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It only requires a little work if the harness already is built for a 4l60. A 99-02 computer can run one natively.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

slows right. it took me a half hour to convert my harness. i am using a truck computer. i think some f body pcms won't take the segment
Old 02-13-2010, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
Im doing a swap into a Fox body coupe mustang and iwant to use a 4l80e with the lq4 6.0 I already have. My question is I am haveing a custom harness built for the swap do I just have them build the harness to work with the 4l80e or do I still have to use an adapter of some sort? I also have not bought the computer will it make it easier if i buy a certain computer Or should I just buy one for a 99 or newer ls1 fbody? Is there any thing special that has to be done as far as tuning If I just buy the Fbody computer? I have tried searching but noting came up for my apllication. Basicly Im buying the custom harness and computer so i want to get what will make it the easiest and least head ache.
you could just get a stand alone to control trans.this would have the wireing harness plus u could tune it your self.

Quick Reply: 4l80e with lq4 question about computer and custom harness and tuning