Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e swap guys aftermarket pans revisited ,deep, finned etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4l80e swap guys aftermarket pans revisited ,deep, finned etc.

Ok so trying to decide on pan to get for the 4l80e.
I like the Derale idea with the tubes and they just revised the pan. Its deep though and even though my car is not dropped a bit worried about ground clearance on my crappy roads.It does advertise a nice temp reduction..

So..anyone running the derale deep pan with tubes and if so is your car stock height or lowered?

http://www.partshp.com/Pans.htm

Now on this website they also have two different capacity and depth cast finned pans . I think if did get a deep one would try the derale but if went to shallow then this other one might be the one to try. At least would get fins,hopfully temp drop,bit extra capacity and a very useful drain plug.

Here is the link..assume all these will fit on f body swap.

There is also the pan with deep and shallow section . Not sure if that is maybe good idea too. And too bad derale don't seem to offer a shallower pan with maybe smaller tubes.That might be another nice option.

So will I see reduction with the cast finned pans as well.

Lets have some opinions here guys.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We are in the process of installing the 4L80E in my lowered GTO. We put the Derale tubed pan on it after talking with others, looks like it will be fine.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, I tried the B&M deep aluminum 4L80E pan and took it right back off after dragging it on a speedbump during the first test drive - this is with stock 'vert ride height/springs, BMR trans crossmember.

I sold the pan on the truck forum - no problem with ground clearance on those guys...

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 03-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Fab alum Moroso pan that I can not use (hits the Modified valve body on the Rossler Trans brake) Let me know if your intrested.
iabrian79@aol.com

Quick Reply: 4l80e swap guys aftermarket pans revisited ,deep, finned etc.