Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Problems After Transgo-HD2 Install !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help Problems After Transgo-HD2 Install !!!!

I have a 94 Camaro Z28. Before I took apart the trans everything was working. Well I put it all back together after installing the transgo-HD2 shift kit and there is a problem. It dose not go in to OD / 4th gear. I can put it in the OD position but the transmission itself will not go in to OD it stays in 3rd! The other thing that seems to be messed up is if i leave it in OD and take off from a stop it seems to be in 2nd and only shifts to 3rd where it stays. BUT if i manually put it in 1st and shift it to 2nd it will shift. So in conclusion my car will only shift from 1-2 if i manually do it and no matter what i do it will not go in to 4th. Any help would be great!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:49 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bro Inc
Take the valve body back off and go through the installation instructions again.
Could be the purple collapsed spring from the kit installed on the 3-4 shift valve, one valve over from where it should go (3-2 control valve).
Very common mistake! I would also look to make sure that the 4th servo seal did not get cut and also that all check ***** are in the correct locations. Remember the one in the case near the 3-4 accumulator as well. Vince
Old 06-11-2010, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks guy. I'm going to take it apart tonight and see what I messed up
Old 06-15-2010, 06:29 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Check all of the wiring connections closely, and where you plug it in on the side of the transmission. Taking off in 2nd or 3rd is electrical or computer in most cases. With the TransGo Performance Shift kit, you can override the computer and have 1st gear.