Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 4.3 to 5.3 trans swap.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 4.3 to 5.3 trans swap.

Hey guys was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on a problem im having with my trans swap. I have a 2000 full size regular cab shortbox, was a 4.3 auto. I've swapped in a 5.3 and had the trans rebuilt. I changed the bell housing and bought the GM part #12563532 which is the spacer and the longer bolts gm part #12563533. I ovaled out the holes on the flexplate so they bolt to the T/C. But after getting everything back together im getting no pump pressure. I dont think the T/C is engaging into the pump.

I searched and found a few people with similiar problems but no body seems to be able to answer what the fix is.

This is from a different thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...4-4l60e-3.html

question i did a 4.3 to 5.3 swap in my silverado about a month and a half ago. two weeks after swap coming back home tranny wouldnt work. after rebuild and install still nothing coming from transmisiions.

builder says it could be a different bell housing??? pushing tq converter away from tranny..... or needing spacers??? i think its the pump.

is an 02 V6 tranny diff from 04 5.3??? different bellhousings??? what space could i use???
Has anyone had this problem? Is there a fix for it? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 1quikzz; 06-20-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling