Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e problems

okay so i put the 80e in the truck. repinned the tcm and flashed it over.

at firs it was working " okay" the speedo would only work at 30mph and faster....

until the other night when i try and lay into the pedal. it would make a wierd noise and feel like it was slipping .. it now has NO OD and the converter will not lock up. its a stock 80E with a shift kit.

any idea what it may be?
Old 10-10-2010, 11:38 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking into the speedo issues would be the first place to start. Then again with the noise you probably have an internal issue with the trans.

Let me guess you took a used 80 installed it with a shift kit and now its toast! Ive seen this way to many times. In my opinion it is always best to install a fresh unit when doing this stuff. Its like drawing straws with these things and it sounds like you pulled the shortest straw. Best of luck getting it sorted out and if there is anything we can do for you feel free to give us a call. Vince

1-630-350-7776 www.finishlinetrans.com
Old 10-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Looking into the speedo issues would be the first place to start. Then again with the noise you probably have an internal issue with the trans.

Let me guess you took a used 80 installed it with a shift kit and now its toast! Ive seen this way to many times. In my opinion it is always best to install a fresh unit when doing this stuff. Its like drawing straws with these things and it sounds like you pulled the shortest straw. Best of luck getting it sorted out and if there is anything we can do for you feel free to give us a call. Vince

1-630-350-7776 www.finishlinetrans.com

yeah im going to start with the speedo first if its still acting up im probably goin to go through the whole thing