Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no park reverse or neutral

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no park reverse or neutral

Have a 4L60E transmission in my S-10 blazer, tranny is stuck permanently in drive. Put it in park and step down on gas pedal truck attempts to move, put it in reverse and it wont move at all just like its in park. Put it in neutral and step down on gas it will move down the road but wont shift into any gear other than 1st. The main question is, since i dont have money for rebuild at this time but can not be with out wheels right now, is there a way to force it out of gear so i will have park, reverse and neutral? if not its not that big of a deal as i can just try and not go where ill need reverse, but if there is a way without removing the tranny that would be super.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

forward sprag might be locked up.

If you want to try and free it and you don't care about breaking more stuff you can put it in reverse and floor it for a second. Make sure theres plenty of road behind you.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
forward sprag might be locked up.

If you want to try and free it and you don't care about breaking more stuff you can put it in reverse and floor it for a second. Make sure theres plenty of road behind you.
i do that all the time, even dropped a brick on the gas pedal and waited, all it does is bog down the engine and then over heat it after 15 to 20 minutes....
Old 10-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

did you ever get this resolved? I have a friend who had the same problem with his 95 Firebird and he claims to have just beat on it till it fixed itself.

Now I have a vehicle that I just bought and has the same EXACT issue.

Quick Reply: no park reverse or neutral