Sponsored by:

Stupid question - LY6 to 4L60e

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid question - LY6 to 4L60e

Hey guys,

I have looked around quite a bit over the last few months and I just want to get a confirmation on what parts I need.

Sorry if this is newbie question, but for some reason I just want to make sure I am doing this right before I waste money that, like everyone, is a bit tight these days.

I have a built 4L60e that I am mating to an '08 LY6. I got the flexplate from the LY6 but I did not get the spacer. My assumption is that I still need the spacer to mate up to the 4L60e. The engine is getting finished up at the machine shop and will be home in the next couple weeks. I just want to have everyting waiting when it arrives so I can bolt them together and stab it in as I am working ridiculous hours at work and hate down time.

Can anyone confirm for me? It would be very much appreciated and if I do need the spacer, where can I get it? I ran through Hughes' website but since I am usually working I couldn't really dig...I'm probbaly just blind.

Thanks again,
Dave
Old 12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

It depends on the year of th 4L60E.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is out of a 1999-2002 F body...that's about the best I know.

I can mock it up when I get it back here but am hoping someone has a clean answer for me.

Thanks for your help so far!
Dave

Quick Reply: Stupid question - LY6 to 4L60e