Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E problums

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E problums

i bought a rebuilt transmission for a guy in town with a 6 month warranty got it and fluid right and i drove it once it tried to shift into sencond once and then it was over so i pulled it and took it to him the band was shoot. and we replaced the servo with a corvette one. now i got it back and i fill it up and it shifts not sure if it shifted to 4th but anyway i drove it for about 5 miles go home pulled in and went inside for a min came out fluid was pouring out the servo cover. so i figured he pinched the gasket putting it in i had another one so i changed it come to find out he forgot to put one in!! i put it in topped it off and nothing i dont have reverse and when i put it into drive it will pull but its just the pull you get when you let off the brake after that nothin. i drained the fluid and it stinks and there matalic **** all in it but i figured it was the fluid from the tourqe converter from the first time. i dont know what to do .
Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

The servo only works the band for 2nd and 4th gear. If it stinks most likely clutches are burnt. So it moves forward but slips or just stops moving.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Restricted User

when i put it into drive they only way it moves is from the pull of it with out any throttle if that makes since if i give it gas it wont move at all. thought maybe cloged filter but idk. like i said this is they second time hes "REBUILT" this trans first time it was the second band and it left dirty fluid in the tourqe converter thought maybe this time it cycled through and cloged filter
Old 12-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Im sure its not a clogged filter most of the time a transmission with a clogged filter will move with the throttle pressed and then stop moving. The guy is making a mistake some where please im not bashing him nobody is perfect. Id call him up and explain everything to him you do have a warranty.