Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost 3rd and 4th 4l60e?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lost 3rd and 4th 4l60e?

I have a built 4l60e in my car and its having issues. A while ago I broke a ujoint which trashed my drive shaft and broke the rear housing on the trans. When I pulled the trans I noticed that it had also cracked the main case. I bought a new case and had a local trans guy swap everything over. He looked at the internals and said they looked brand new and couldn't find any damage other than the case. I put everything back together and it worked fine on the first test drive but I didn't get on it at all. Today I took it out to test WOT and it lost 3rd and 4th. The weird thing is that it won't down shift into 1st when I have it in 3rd or 4th. It just won't move. If I manually shift to 1st or 2nd they work fine. The fluid looks perfect so I'm at a loss.

Could the trans builder installed something wrong or did it actually break something. It seems like maybe something is wrong in the valve body but I don't know enough about auto's to know. Ideas?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No movement from a stop in the D3 or OD range usually means that you have an input sprag failure. Vince