Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transbrake issue.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transbrake issue.

I can only get my car to go to 3500 before the reverse band starts to slip and the car will move, I can footbrake the car to 4k fairly easily on the street so there is much more to be had (5200) to be exact. Now before I swapped converters and changed the fluid the car would go to 4000 on a converter I could only footbrake to 3500, the car wouldnt budge and inch.

The transmission is a ckperformance built unit and has been flawless except for the new issue. FTI thought it was a solenoid issue so I swapped it out for a new one....nothing. Only thing else that was changed was the fluid. I used dex6 as ckperformance said to do regardless of what everyone told me to use(hy guard).

Anybody think the dex6 is too slippery for the transbrake? I'm not too overly concerned with the brake at this time but I'd like for everything to work as it should
Old 05-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Launching!

I can't see it being the fluid. Do a line pressure check first.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
I can only get my car to go to 3500 before the reverse band starts to slip and the car will move, I can footbrake the car to 4k fairly easily on the street so there is much more to be had (5200) to be exact. Now before I swapped converters and changed the fluid the car would go to 4000 on a converter I could only footbrake to 3500, the car wouldnt budge and inch.

The transmission is a ckperformance built unit and has been flawless except for the new issue. FTI thought it was a solenoid issue so I swapped it out for a new one....nothing. Only thing else that was changed was the fluid. I used dex6 as ckperformance said to do regardless of what everyone told me to use(hy guard).

Anybody think the dex6 is too slippery for the transbrake? I'm not too overly concerned with the brake at this time but I'd like for everything to work as it should
I'm assuming TH400?

You may need to lengthen the servo pin a bit if so. I would lengthen it about. 050".

I don't really like the Dex 6 but I doubt it's causing the issue.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

I'm not transmission smart at all. But why would it go from working perfect to not? And yes th400
Old 05-19-2011, 06:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

A TH400 doesn't have an adjustable band like a Powerglide. However there several different lengths of apply pins to use during assembly.

If the pin length was borderline short, as the band wears you will lose apply.

Some have claimed issues with the band material lately on relined bands. I have been using new Borg Warner bands for quite some time even though they cost 3 times as much, so we haven't seen any lining issues. I have noticed that the band carrier diameters seem to vary more than they used to. This requires careful attention to the band clearance adjustment on assembly.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Yep...still lost lol. Dosnt sound Like a real simple fix. Might just put it on the back burner for now. Would there be any other tell tell signs to look for if it's a mechanical issue. Like anything I can do with the car in reverse
Old 05-22-2011, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

well i know its not a fluid issue, its gone from bad to worse. it will only back up on flat ground without using throttle, any throttle and it just slips. so most likely lengthening the pin will band aid fix it for now as long as im not at the longest right now? I did a lil research and it said there are 3 different lenghts available.