Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E in limp home mode - can't figure out why

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E in limp home mode - can't figure out why

I have a 4L60E trans out of a 2002 Silverado hooked up to a 5.3L in a 1964 Corvette. The wiring harness is from PSI and the ECU was tuned by Texas Speed.

For some reason, the trans is in limp home mode. I verified power to pin E at the connector with the key on. Obviously fuse is good. The only codes that I pull up are a P0443 and a MIL malfunction code (MIL lamp isn't hooked up yet), but I can't imagine these codes would cause that problem.

The only thing I can possibly thing of is I drove the car around with the MAF disconnected...I know the ECU uses info from the MAF to determine line pressures and such, but I know people have disconnected their MAF without trans issues.

I'm assuming it's in limp-home mode because putting the gear selector in OD results in 2nd or 3rd gear. I can get a lower gear by putting the selector in 2nd or 1st. Reverse works OK.

So I guess my question is, what else can cause the trans to do this? What else should I be looking at?
Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update, turns out the ECU was initially flashed from GM for a 4L80E, not a 4L60E. I'll get that straighened out and see what happens.

Quick Reply: 4L60E in limp home mode - can't figure out why