Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto or manual????

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto or manual????

I have a toyota xrunner that I did a ls1 swap in. Looking to do h/c/I install. So if I do this I will need a stall. $700.... built tranny.....$2200. This is for the auto. Or should I go with a t56 if I'm goin to spend 3k on the tranny. Just want diff opinions on this and by experience which is better.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do an automatic if it were mine. It will be quicker and more consistant and break less parts. If it's already an auto you won't have to convert the pedal assembly and cut a hole in the floor. Clutches get pretty expensive too. You will have to build the T56 to make it reliable as well. An auto will be your cheapest and most reliable option.

Good luck with your build. It should be really cool.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^this,honest i always say in a race car auto is the way to go, but a 6 speed is alot of fun, honest t56s have gone up in price so if your looking for budget i still see an auto beeing way cheaper,but for the street ill take my 6 speed hands down, just to much fun to row your own gears
Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
I would do an automatic if it were mine. It will be quicker and more consistant and break less parts. If it's already an auto you won't have to convert the pedal assembly and cut a hole in the floor. Clutches get pretty expensive too. You will have to build the T56 to make it reliable as well. An auto will be your cheapest and most reliable option.

Good luck with your build. It should be really cool.
Well the truck was originally a 6spd truck w the v6. I have the pedal still in it and there is already a hole in floor where shifter goes. So that's a plus. I never owned an auto before. This is my first one and not quite sure if I like it. Yea its nice to relax and let tranby do the wrk. But the shifting is kinda unpredictable. Not sure if a built auto changes that or not. Yalls inpur is greatly appreciated