Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installing shift kit - broke a filter screen

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing shift kit - broke a filter screen

i'm in the process of installing a transgo shift kit for my 4L60E. i got a new transgo separator plate, as well. i went to remove the EPC and shift solenoids' filter screens from my old separator plate to install on the new one, and broke a tab off of one of the screens.

so, a couple of questions:

(1) where can i get replacements for these, without paying 10x the cost for shipping? the screens are about $1ea, but the places i've found online want $10 to ship them.

(2) i'm fairly new to servicing my trans. this is the 3rd time i've had the pan off and the first time i've removed the valve body. i'm not totally ignorant, but could someone tell me what these screens do? i know they filter the trans fluid, but the trans already has a filter and my old screens look very clean, so i'm just curious about their necessity.

Last edited by checkbit; 11-21-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Those screens are there to filter small particles of dirt. The small one is for the shift solenoids and the larger one is for the EPC solenoid. You don't have to have them but i highly recommend putting them back,it helps keep as much dirt out of the solenoids as possible. Try a local trans shop they should have some laying around.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Staging Lane

^ hey, thanks for the tip. I called a local trans shop & they have a big box of them. Now, I just need to put everything back together...

Quick Reply: installing shift kit - broke a filter screen