Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E stock rebuild..

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 4L60E stock rebuild..

hey, im about to rebuild trans, but i've seen some opinions about this trans are not that good for perfomance, not that agressive perfomance something like 450 hp, that's why i decided to make the stock rebuild, TCI told me stock rebuild is able to handle 500 hp, now im not sure about this trans, some say 3 gear is always the problem, exactly what happened to mine, so talking about stock rebuild, would be worth it?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, I'm no trans expert but pretty sure a stock 4l60e will be short lived around the 500hp mark. You might get away with it for a while but I have a feeling you'll be replacing it again shortly after.

Are you talking about rebuilding it yourself? In all honesty, if you plan on keeping the car and doing more mods just spend the extra money and get a trans from a sponsor on this site and get a big *** trans cooler to go with it.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1pwr1
Um, I'm no trans expert but pretty sure a stock 4l60e will be short lived around the 500hp mark. You might get away with it for a while but I have a feeling you'll be replacing it again shortly after.

Are you talking about rebuilding it yourself? In all honesty, if you plan on keeping the car and doing more mods just spend the extra money and get a trans from a sponsor on this site and get a big *** trans cooler to go with it.
well, i'm not doing by miself, but i've thought about getting a sponsor specially cause i'll be getting some other modifications later, although sponsor trans are that expensive, well it is something i'll have to consider, thanks...

Quick Reply: 4L60E stock rebuild..