Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 4l60e

Hi guys I am going to buy a 4l60e and by the tag I'd (7cld). It says its a 2007 4l60e. Guy says it came out of a 06 silverado?

Well has anything changed from the 02-06 models? I am going to be hooking it up to a 2002 5.3 should I be fine? Going to go look at it tomorrow. If someone can help I would be trully gratefull
Old 01-06-2012, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's kind of strange that it has that trans ID code however it came out of an 06 vehicle. The only thing that makes sense is that someone must have swapped the trans in that vehicle at one time or another. Not I'm going to warn you that there have been some changes but most of them are minor and will not be an issue for you. However in 06 and later units some of the models used a different case connector with added pins. When you go to swap your units makes sure to look at the amount of pins and their location. There was an added turbine speed sensor added to some of these units. This is the reason for the added pins. If the trans you get is different than what you have you might have to swap the internal harness because I'm not sure if it will plug in without causing damage to your wiring connectors. HTH Vince

Quick Reply: 2007 4l60e