Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700r4 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 700r4 build

Alright guys I decided to get myself an automatic to hit the street/strip for my chevy swapped foxbody mustang.

I have been debating on buying a turbo 350 for $650 here locally with good durability and great warranty, but I would like to run the car on the streets some so I would like to have an overdrive transmission. The car has 4.10 gears so I am hesitant to drive it on the streets with a 350, the 700r4 would be a little better highway wise for me. I am kind of on a budget here, debating on buying a trans from the same local company for around $1700 or just building one myself. My father has been a GM certified transmission tech for 23 years so I know who will be building it, my question is what kit would be best for me if I took this route? I dynoed at 480hp and 420lbs of torque. I plan on doing a 150 shot later down the road so I need something that can hold up to my needs.

Any suggestions on a kit or a reasonable builder around the ft/worth texas area?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:06 PM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

I have the necessary parts for you and your father to do this right the first time. Let me know if you want my help here? Dana
Old 02-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FowlerMotorsports
Any suggestions on a kit or a reasonable builder around the ft/worth texas area?
I would contact Gilbert@Ace Racing to see if he can help you out. He is in your area and also a site sponsor. Shoot him a pm here or look up his profile and give him a holler!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies!

Dana, shoot me a PM with some details please!

Thanks Vince, I will try to get in touch with him.