Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse issue after new transmission install

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse issue after new transmission install

So after several installation issues with my new Performa built transmission and Yank SS3600 converter, I finally get everything going but my reverse seems to act a little weird. I've never driven a stalled car before but I don't think it should act like this.
Sometimes when putting it in reverse I start giving a little bit of throttle and it starts backing out but then it feels like someone is hitting the brake and the car starts slowing down even when keeping the throttle constant (around 1,200 rpm). I have to give it allot more throttle to keep it moving, about 2,500 rpm, and even then it barely moves. Other times it acts normal in reverse. I have adjusted the shifter linkage a couple times to make sure it was correct. It almost feels like something inside the transmission is not engaging when this starts to happen.
I haven't driven it much since I'm afraid to get too far from home, so the transmission only has about 4 miles on it. There are no leaks that I can detect and the fluid is the correct level. The forward gears all seam normal, although very loose, I guess that is just getting used to the stall. I have babied it on my test drives until it gets broke in, so it hasn't been much over 25% throttle.

Anyone have any ideas on what to look for?
Old 02-05-2012, 09:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Check that the car will roll in neutral backwards easily first. Tsop in a hill place in neutraland roll backwards a bit.
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 02-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Teching In

Yes it does roll backwards easily in neutral. I had the car running and had to push it backwards out of my garage one time.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Did you fix the problem I am having the same issue.

Quick Reply: Reverse issue after new transmission install