Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans vibration?

So,i have a th350,came out of my race car (monte carlo) i sold.Ive put it in my 00 trans am.When i swaped it i changed to the long tailshaft and replaced the front pump and drum/input shaft and changed to a ls1 to th350 presision converter.I ended up having a new driveshaft built and replaced it.When it was in the MC i had a vibration(cant remember RMPs but it was up high)with a solid trans mount.Replaced with a rubber mount and the vib was 99% gone.Now that its in my TA the vib is back,and seems to be the same.I have a tunnel mount TqArm UMI with poly front bushings.My question is could this be rigid enough to transfer the vib(like the solid trans mount)?And what inside the trans could be causing the vib?Forgot to mention the vib is 3800-4800 RPMs in 3rd gear only.Sorry for the long post.Thanks
Edit:By the way,changing drive shafts did nothing.Also changed from 4.00 gears to 3.25 gears(9" Ford) and with both sets the vib was at 3800- 4800 rpms.So its RPM related not speed related.The only common denominator between the MC and the TA are the trans(internals).

Last edited by ssstreetcar; 04-19-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans

Anybody?Nobody has had this problem?Maybe a drum out of round/balance?HELP!!!

Quick Reply: trans vibration?