Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pump will not come out

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pump will not come out

this thing is stuck. valve body is off all soleniods are out off the way. I am affraid to pry up on the the back of the pump with a pry bar for fear of wrecking the case or the pump itself. I have tried prying it but it is stuck. I have a two jaw puller but i am also affraid to ruin the the teeth on the pump shaft itself does anyone have or had a pump stuck and if so any tricks to get it out.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 PM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

I've only done a few, but here is how I do it:

The pump may want to pull the reverse drum out with it. Watch for that and don't drop the reverse drum.
Good luck.

EDIT: Oops - I forgot to remove the orange o-ring before taking this photo. That does have to be removed first.

Last edited by mrvedit; 06-15-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That pump will not come out with that orange seal on the input shaft. I'm not 100% sure if that's what's hanging you up, but its certainly something to address. If you have a repeated issue getting it out, my guess is the pump is cocked within the bore. Take a plastic hammer or the backside(handle) of a regular hammer and knock it back down flush and start over. I find it easier to lay the transmission on its backside (valvebody surface facing up) and pry in the filter window of the case. That area is more toward the center of the pump and offers a better leverage point.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 PM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

Oops - I forgot to remove the orange o-ring before taking that photo. That does have to be removed first.