Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ratchet shifters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ratchet shifters?

I was wondering if anyone can explain to me or give me a link explaing how ratchet shifters, dual gate shifters, ect work and how they are used during daily driving and racing. What are the pros/cons? On summit they have ones that fit the 4L60e but it says only compatible with 92 and before. Is it possible to properly install one on a 4th gen? I've seen them for newer (05+) mustangs so I don't see why there wouldn't be one available for 4th gen f-bodies.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can put any shifter you want in your car, it just may take some work,,I have the b&m ratchet shifter in my car. Ratchet shifters have the benefit of not letting you overshift your car,, example,, you want to start off in low and then go into second, on the stock shifter as you try to shift, you could actually push the thing all the way up into nuetral,, with a ratchet shifter you can slam the shifter as hard as you want and it will only travel to the next gear. daily driving on the rathet shifter is just as easy, just pull it into the gear you want and thats it.

Quick Reply: Ratchet shifters?