Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the auto trans world

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the auto trans world

I have searched and havent found my exact problems so i figured I would ask...its a 99 TA with 100k miles. I just bought it and it has long tubes no cats and slp lid...and some sort of shift kit. I have always had 6speeds so not real sure on what to look for. When i shift from P or N to D it slams into D gear. And the shift between 1-2 slams. The only thing is after I have drove the car awhile it doesnt slam into D but still shifts alittle hard from 1-2. It barks the tires pretty much every time I drive...i have learned to just let off as its shifting and it wont bark the tires but its very aggrevating. The ses light is on but its because when they put on the headers they didnt have the 02 sen deleted or install the dummy o2. Any suggestions on what this could be?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You best beat is to get it tuned to maybe lower the shift pressure and delete the 02 sen.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ +1

After my trans was built and had a shift kit in it... I noticed the same thing. Once it got tuned, the clunk noise got reduced, but is there every now and then.

As already mention, tune will take care of your 02 problem. And im pretty sure it will run alot better, since the car wont be in its safety mode.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like teh trans pressure control solenoid is out, very common and it defaults to max line pressure when this happens. read up on on how to replace it, very easy just have to drop the pan. Called the PCS solednoid or PC solenoid.