Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e leak on sensor??? HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e leak on sensor??? HELP PLEASE!

I think my trans is leaking fluid out of the round sensor on top of the pan. It's a green sensor if I remember right. It was pushed into the trans a little where I couldn't plug it in. How do I fix it? ?? Thanks ls1tech!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I Change the round plug? ??
Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's the "internal wiring" harness inside the trans, then connects to the big plug through the case..

Sometimes the plug gets worn and the hooks that keep it in the hole lose their hookyness and it lets the connector pop inward when trying to plug your connector to it..

Plus there is a O ring sealing it which can cause a leak if its loose, buy a new trans wiring harness $40-$50 and pop off the trans pan and remove the old one and connect the new one and then the new connector will hook into the hole and snap in.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Exactly right. Make sure the internal harness comes with the mentioned O-Ring. Any local trans shop can easily get or already have it.

To replace it, you will have to:
1. Remove the 1-2 accumulator housing - just three small bolts with 10mm head.
2. Remove the EPS solenoid - just one small bolt with 8mm head.
3. Remove the old connector. First unplug the main harness connector from the top; this can be a tight fit to get in there. If the internal connector is still snapped in, its 4 tabs can be released by pushing down on the outside of the trans with a 1-3/16" 12-point socket.

If this sounds like more than you want to do, I suggest finding a local privately-own trans shop and having them do it. It should be less than one hour labor for them; maybe $125 total cost for parts and labor.

Quick Reply: 4l60e leak on sensor??? HELP PLEASE!