Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60e with 2800 stall -- looking to buy a tune... where?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60e with 2800 stall -- looking to buy a tune... where?

Hey folks. First post here... thanks for having me. I've got a 96 Trans Am with an 8 pound boosted Procharger D1SC. It's also got the 4L60e, which was hardened and had a 2400 stall converter added. Problem is that right from the start, something was wrong with the tranny job. I'll make a long story short and say that the stall converter got eaten, I had it rebuilt, and it got eaten again... all in the course of about 1000 highway miles over 2 days. I am NOT happy with the shop that did the work, but I had to get the car over to Europe ASAP so couldn't go back to sort it out.

In any case, I'm now in Romania with a car no mechanic here has seen. I have a 2800 stall Yank converter arriving on Monday. I also have a Dynamic Spectrum Tuner arriving the same day. As I completely don't trust the tranny tune I have installed, I want to install a proper tune for this new connverter so it doesn't get damaged. Naturally, it would have to be done through email. I have the hardware, I have a good shop ready to put the converter in, but I have ZERO experience in programming an ECM.

What I'm looking for is a proper tune for a 2800 stall converter on a 4L60e which will work well with a 450-500HP LT1. I don't care to have the fastest car ever made. I'd rather it be more streetable than fast at this point. I just need someone who knows what they're doing to help. And I'm not looking for a handout. I'm more than ready to pay a pro.

So, any suggestions? I need someone good and reputable, as any problem means weeks or months of delays as I try to source parts across an ocean!

Thanks much!
Nidal.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Welcome! Great to see people in other countries with Fbodys!

I think you will get a faster/better response if you post this in the Tune section of the forum. Im sure someone will chime in and help you out there.

Good luck!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:58 AM

Ah! Thanks! That shows you how new I am! Yeah... since August, the car came over from the US on a boat, and drove through Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and is now in Romania. By early next year, it will wind its way along southern Europe and end in Spain, and will hit Morocco at some point. Lots of fun, but not easy when you need a good f-body mechanic.

I'll repost in the tune section. Thanks again.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't mind international shipping (not sure of pricing) frost is a great tuner over here, he tuned my PCM for my yank ss3600 and it is spot on, had to dial in the iac but that's the nature of the beast when you have an aftermarket cam
Old 11-09-2013, 09:57 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

While I do not have personal experience with Frost, I have only read good things about his tunes and service.

Quick Reply: 4L60e with 2800 stall -- looking to buy a tune... where?