Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I look for P1810

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do I look for P1810

91 corvette LS swapped running a 4l60E and a 99 PCM.

I have a CK eng light code P1810 and my car will surge above 73MPH. It feels like its going in and out of TC lockup. I cleared the code and it comed back. I also replaced the brake switch just in case.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:19 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

This code indicates a malfunction of the "pressure manifold switch" which is an inexpensive and easily replaced part that is bolted to the valve body.
It is the only way the PCM knows what position the shifter is in.
Should be less than $100 for parts and labor at a trans shop, although you may want to replace the fluid/filter at the same time.
There might be a slight chance that a misadjusted shifter cable could give this code too.
It is actually good that you got a code; often a bad pressure manifold switch will give all kinds of strange symptoms because the PCM doesn't know what position the shifter is in.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrvedit
This code indicates a malfunction of the "pressure manifold switch" which is an inexpensive and easily replaced part that is bolted to the valve body.
It is the only way the PCM knows what position the shifter is in.
Should be less than $100 for parts and labor at a trans shop, although you may want to replace the fluid/filter at the same time.
There might be a slight chance that a misadjusted shifter cable could give this code too.
It is actually good that you got a code; often a bad pressure manifold switch will give all kinds of strange symptoms because the PCM doesn't know what position the shifter is in.
HMMMM.. I could have a miss adjusted shifter? It is a swap and I had to get a diff shift lever and adjust it. I need to look into this before I tear into the trans.
Thank you for the info, I had not thought about this possibility. It started after I shifted down into Low manually. I wonder if the shifter moved and is now in need of adjustment.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That was not it.. looks like I'm ordering a switch.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by LSCha0s
That was not it.. looks like I'm ordering a switch.
I see them online for $26. It is very easy to replace once you have the pan off and filter pulled out. One electrical connector and 5 10mm bolts. The bolts should be tightened to about 95 in/lbs which is 8 ft/lbs.

No guarantees of course, but that is my best shot and I know they do go bad.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrvedit
I see them online for $26. It is very easy to replace once you have the pan off and filter pulled out. One electrical connector and 5 10mm bolts. The bolts should be tightened to about 95 in/lbs which is 8 ft/lbs.

No guarantees of course, but that is my best shot and I know they do go bad.
Cool i'm going to try that this weekend. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: What do I look for P1810