Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

steel molded pistons in a 4l60e fitment ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow steel molded pistons in a 4l60e fitment ?

i wana install steel molded pistons in my input drum, but not sure about the overrun piston if it will fit over the sleeve ? any advice to install all of these pistons would be great thanks matt
Old 11-25-2013, 10:08 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I assume by "sleeve: you are referring to the Sonnax reinforcement sleeve for the input drum. The stock steel molded forward and overrun pistons will not work with that. That is why the kit comes with a custom overrun piston and you have to use either a old stock aluminum piston or the crazy-expensive Sonnax billet piston.

Last edited by mrvedit; 11-28-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Typo - meant "or", not "and"
Old 11-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvedit
I assume by "sleeve: you are referring to the Sonnax reinforcement sleeve for the input drum. The stock steel molded forward and overrun pistons will not work this that. That is why the kit comes with a custom overrun piston and you have to use either a old stock aluminum piston and the crazy-expensive Sonnax billet piston.
i gotcha, i didn't realize the previous ower added that sleeve, still figuring out what was done to the trans i was only told a few details about it, thanks again ted
Old 11-28-2013, 07:10 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I meant that you have to use either an old stock aluminum piston OR the expensive Sonnax billet piston. Not "and". Sorry for any confusion.

And Happy Thanksgiving!

Ted.

Quick Reply: steel molded pistons in a 4l60e fitment ?