Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans coming out to replace flex plate, is TC worth the swap now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remeasured and the distance from housing to pad is right at 1", haven't had a chance to measure the flexplate to block yet.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Yesterday got passenger side mount finally installed and torqued

And got the passenger side header in place and bolts hand tight to keep it loose until I have the transmission back in and secured.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Well got ahead of myself lastnight and made my first rookie mistake in putting things back in.. I kept reading that need to make sure to install the torque arm bushing in first or else you cant once you get everything back up in place, well lastnight while trying to finish up the tail end of the trans, getting it back up and mounted, I slid the new bushing onto the torque arm, had placed the larger plate into place with the lower 2 bolts hand tight and focused on lining up the bushing with the plate so I could then put the small clam shell into place and bolt up..

well since I couldn't see the top bolt, I never noticed that it wasn't installed and I had already installed the transmission mount and torqued everything down.. so now going back under tonight to undo all that for 1 bolt

But with that one bolt and the driveshaft going in tonight, that completes my lower end of the car and can focus on the motor that's the upside to things is that im half way there..
Old 04-30-2014, 09:31 PM

always go for upgrades instead of waiting!

Quick Reply: Trans coming out to replace flex plate, is TC worth the swap now?