Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH400 line pressure???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH400 line pressure???

I just got my truck running again tonight since building the trans back. I took it for a drive tonight and my pressure gauge is hitting between 300-320 psi. This is a TH400 with a Jake's stage 2 kit, 4000 stall converter, TCI rmvb w/ transbrake, 5 forward-6 direct-4 intermediate. Clutch pack clearances checked and good. Intermediate support and heavy snap ring. I used the boost valve from Jakes kit and the TCI spring. My question is....for a primarily race only 3700lb truck, is the pressure to high? I've read where most advise against anything over 200-250psi but have also read some that say 300psi is fine for racing. Am I going to wipe out the thrust bearings in my LQ9? Thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 11:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by southernsmoker
I just got my truck running again tonight since building the trans back. I took it for a drive tonight and my pressure gauge is hitting between 300-320 psi. This is a TH400 with a Jake's stage 2 kit, 4000 stall converter, TCI rmvb w/ transbrake, 5 forward-6 direct-4 intermediate. Clutch pack clearances checked and good. Intermediate support and heavy snap ring. I used the boost valve from Jakes kit and the TCI spring. My question is....for a primarily race only 3700lb truck, is the pressure to high? I've read where most advise against anything over 200-250psi but have also read some that say 300psi is fine for racing. Am I going to wipe out the thrust bearings in my LQ9? Thanks
I don't recommend mixing and matching parts with my kits. What we sell is a proven recipe and when you use other parts you get away from that recipe.
Ditch the TCI spring, use what we provided and your pressures won't kill the pump and engine thrust.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was kind of torn on which way to go when I assembled the pump. The old pump had to be replaced. The boost valve didnt look so hot in the new TCI pump so I used the one out of the kit. I was reading the tips on the papers sent with the rebuild kit and it recommended using the spring that came with valve body originally which is a RMVB TCI transbrake unit. I guess I will pull it back out when the ladder bars go in and put the softer spring in.

Quick Reply: TH400 line pressure???