Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 h/c/i c6 a6- rebuilt trans, 4200 pi stall- pushes car at idle in gear?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djslcs
The Trans was tuned by century, the new tcm was flashed by a gm tech, it was the correct reluctor wheel as it was an ls3 that went back in, the car runs drives and shifts fine I just firmly believe that there is an issue with the converter with how it lugs the motor down in drive @ idle.
Thanks for the reply, but I still intrested about the converter you used prior to going with the PI. You say your did not have a problem before the PI corverter or Century rebuild. IF it was the PI converter and there was no problem before transmission was rebuilt, or at one point was there no problem and then maybe tuning was done and there became a problem, tat led to someone saying the TCM was bad and needed to be replaced, but that turned out ot to be the case.

Sorry if this seems invasive in your trouble shooting process, but I spent last 10 years of my working career trying to solve manufacturing problems that had been been problems for more that 2 years but could not be resolved by Teams. Timeline of events before and after problem started is very important. I have a 6L80E conversion in a car. The timing/tuning of events in their TCM is critical to how they preform or how quick they can cause a failure.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

The TQ converter shipped today should arrive Tuesday.

If the TQ converter doesn't solve the problen that does not mean the trans is the problem.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Teching In

The PI was what the car had in it when it was tuned initially before I got it. I have videos from the guy that had the car before me with this Trans, Trans tune, this exact converter and exact Trans. The only thing that changed, upon restarting, was the tune (hadn't touched the Trans tune) the converter was restalled, and trans rebuilt. We attempted trans tuning and changing stuff, even had century send us their "file". To no avail. The only other thing we tried, was to change the tcm. That was a $500 joke! Lol. Hence the reason I'm not throwing money at this thing anymore.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

4200 stall at idle, shouldn't move at all or push against the brakes. Just reacting to what I'm reading, could it not be in the tune?

Quick Reply: 08 h/c/i c6 a6- rebuilt trans, 4200 pi stall- pushes car at idle in gear?