Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Merry Christmas and New Year from Jake's Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 06:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Merry Christmas and New Year from Jake's Performance

I hope everybody had a great Christmas and wish everyone a prosperous New Year.

I wanted to let everyone know that we are running a sale on the 4L80E's until Jan 9th, 5 pm. $200 off any build and free shipping. The Stage 5 builds are $300 off.
We also have a couple of discounts going on our kits and free shipping on all units.

As of Jan 9th, pricing will be increasing across the board. I am already updating the website now to reflect the new pricing. So the short version is, now is the best deal we will have all year in 2015. Also keep in mind we typically have a longer back log from late Feb-early Jun than any other time of the year.

As usual for this time of year, I've been contemplating large and small changes to the business. The price change reflects the amount of time we spend with customer support and what I call "optional warranty".
Our typical transmission customer requires a fairly large amount of time on our part for tech support. I realize this is often due to the fact they are being retrofitted in place of a 4L60E and other units. The electronics and tuning required are not something we are compensated for as installers/tuners etc but many times we are the technical experts who have to walk the installers/tuners through the process. In the interest of our product being successful we offer tech support. It has required me to hire more employees to deal with the time it takes.
Optional warranty is what I call the times that I have opted to help a customer who has damaged a transmission by their mistake. We ship a dyno tested transmission. Realistically we have a very low return rate of warranty caused by builder error, parts failure, or other actual defect. Most of what we see coming back is caused by low fluid level, improper installation or tuning, or improper converter installation.
We've implemented some processes to help educate the customer on these pitfalls this year. It has resulted in reducing the number of repairs we see come back.
When I do an "optional warranty" it is usually a reduced price repair or we completely cover the cost when it should be the the customer's responsibility. I've always believed in taking care of the customer and we will continue to do so, but with more strict adherence to our policies and pricing.
The other side of this is extending the warranty on our units. Many companies have a 30 day warranty on racing units, if any at all. Some have a 90 day (our current). We will likely be extending the warranty out to 6 months. I've more often than not covered units that were out of warranty by time because of the customer's circumstances (delayed installation) and simply because we expect our product to be bulletproof and defect free. Experience has shown, if properly installed, it should work on Day 1, and it will be 6 months later.

Good luck in 2015!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your amazing work and PR. You deserve every $ you make plus much more. I work for the family business and appreciate the fine line you balance between helping in the forums to make customers happy and making a profit. I know you can only reveal so much.

If ever you're in the norther VA/DC/MD area (which you might be already), I'd love to treat you to some beer and whor..... I mean food.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! Jake, you have PM!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dementia
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! Jake, you have PM!
Replied.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any special on 4l60 billet output shafts?
Old 01-02-2015, 11:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GMCSIERRA5.3
Any special on 4l60 billet output shafts?
Supposedly some folks are having a hard time getting any. I have a source but since it's not something I stock I don't really do specials. I'll cut a deal on them if I can sell 5 or more pieces. I've sent a few out recently to other shops/builders.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to take advantage of this sale! Jake, you've got a pm from me too.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking forward to my Stage 3 up here in Canada!

Quick Reply: Merry Christmas and New Year from Jake's Performance