Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M pro stick shifter woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 09:28 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default B&M pro stick shifter woes

Started adjusting the pro stick in my glide (4ft cable) 280Z with no luck yesterday. We spent hours messing with and could not seem to find the sweet spot. With the retaining hardware outside of the shifter housing there seems to be an excessive amount of back lash. The shifter mechanism is moving but not fully engaging or disengaging the shift points in both directions. In some settings we can get it to function in one directions but when shifting back up the slop comes back.

We noticed that when the cable was free from any bends the slop was basically gone. We spent amble time making sure there where no major kinks or bends and still have the same issue. I was under the assumption that if the cable was binding due to excessively sharp bends in the cable it would bind up and not create more slack like it is doing..

Further more there are plenty of other people running this same cable length/shifter/trans in a 280Z with no issues. What am I missing here? I know this isn't rocket science and it's driving me nuts.

Using a glide/all B&M brackets linkage cable etc. we tried the H per instructions and also used other with no luck.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I had one in an old Duster. Had to keep playing with it. Get under the car with someone to operate shifter and keep checking each detent until you get the button to fit good in all of them.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:29 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by farmington
I had one in an old Duster. Had to keep playing with it. Get under the car with someone to operate shifter and keep checking each detent until you get the button to fit good in all of them.
We spent 3hrs messing with it. I think there is a kink in the cable somewhere.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:22 AM
8 Second Club

I Figured it out. It was a kinked cable.

Quick Reply: B&M pro stick shifter woes