Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Converter issue? 4l80e

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Converter issue? 4l80e

Morning guys I need some brain storming in here. I have a 03 5.3 swapped s10 with a stock 4l80e and a stock converter. I had the truck tuned a couple weeks ago and everything has been great up until last Saturday night on my way home from metro cruise. Issues I am having went to this cruise in and had pretty high trans temps through the stop and go traffic all night around 225 degrees, this was all just normal driving driving no beating on it with trans temps that high. After the cruise we went out to the local sonic hung out awhile I let the truck cool down, after the truck was cooled down we went out on the highway and did about 3-4 pulls then I did a nice second gear burnout and we headed on our way home. So it all started with getting back on the highway my converter locks at 40mph well at about 41-43mph the truck sounded like it was struggling to lock the converter I had some slight surge in RPM and at around 45 the converter seemed like it locked up and the rpms steadied out, didn't think much of it. Well now about 4-5 times this week it has done it on and off on the way to and from work (about a 4 mile drive one way) and this is just normal driving. Should I be worried? I am getting hptuners from my buddy tonight to do some data logging what should I look for?

Thanks all for any help or advice,

Ross

Quick Reply: Possible Converter issue? 4l80e