Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good converter for a street car

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:18 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I used to run a SS3600 and now have a CircleD triple disk 3600. I don't notice any difference on the street nor the track. You won't go wrong with either company.
A triple disk is likely unnecessary unless you plan to stay locked at WOT, which I have had time to properly tune and test yet.
I suspect the triple disk does put more load on the engine at idle, which is giving me some stalling problems with my 19* overlap cam and 102mm TB.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I was going through this today and saw this video. My loose 4000 stall with 3.23s is no worse than this. Just my exhaust is 1400X louder.

Originally Posted by mrvedit
I used to run a SS3600 and now have a CircleD triple disk 3600. I don't notice any difference on the street nor the track. You won't go wrong with either company.
A triple disk is likely unnecessary unless you plan to stay locked at WOT, which I have had time to properly tune and test yet.
I suspect the triple disk does put more load on the engine at idle, which is giving me some stalling problems with my 19* overlap cam and 102mm TB.
And that's interesting. I am going to the 4C 3600 triple disk as well. With all the issues I've had, this is not good to hear.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good converter for a street car