Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e problems solved.. I feel obligated to share.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e problems solved.. I feel obligated to share.

This all started a few years back when my transmission would rev high in first and second and shift real hard. I had about 160,000 miles on it at the time so I though it just needed to be rebuilt. I saved for a Yank 3200 and got the trans rebuilt by a shop I trust. The problem remained, so I figured I would get it tuned for the converter since it was idling around 1100 1200 rpm. I then got a bunch of codes (can't remember what they where) having to do with air intake related sensors. It ran rough and wouldnt idle right. I replaced all of that stuff and still got codes, so I decided to get the tune so I can see what's going on. The tuner found that this was all related to a worn busted vacuum line under the cowl. This fixed all of my issues and the car ran great from then on. Thanks Dirty 30 for the awesome tune. I then had an issue with the transmission locking and unlocking at highways speeds seemingly at random. I just had a trans cooler installed and thought it may have something to do with temperature. Every 5 seconds or so lock and unlock. No misfires reported. I then read some threads where they said loose brake light sensor(s) could be to blame. Sure enough I tightened those up and the was the problem. Car runs great and shifts like it should.
I dont usually post, but this info was hard to find as different pieces in different threads, so I figured this may help someone with any of these issues.

Quick Reply: 4l60e problems solved.. I feel obligated to share.