Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Camaro Driveshaft to 4L80e HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Camaro Driveshaft to 4L80e HELP!!

Ive heard you can use the stock driveshaft for a 4l80e but haven't seen any post of what people have used to make it work.

I have a 4l80e with the truck style rear shaft so I need a counterbored slip yoke to make mine work. I've seen post where people where using strange U1650 yoke but from the picture it isn't counterbored. I know Dennys Driveshafts sells them but he is out of stock.

Can Someone tell me where they picked up their counterbored yoke from and where they able to use the stock driveshaft for the build or Do I need to have one made.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2016, 06:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kblehm
Ive heard you can use the stock driveshaft for a 4l80e but haven't seen any post of what people have used to make it work.

I have a 4l80e with the truck style rear shaft so I need a counterbored slip yoke to make mine work. I've seen post where people where using strange U1650 yoke but from the picture it isn't counterbored. I know Dennys Driveshafts sells them but he is out of stock.

Can Someone tell me where they picked up their counterbored yoke from and where they able to use the stock driveshaft for the build or Do I need to have one made.

Thanks
The decision to re-use or replace Your driveshaft is dependent on Your HP and Your driving style. Typically those requiring a 4L80E will need an aftermarket driveshaft to handle the HP.

Please post up Your HP or better yet Your projected HP in an effort to do this right first try.

Carl
Old 03-24-2016, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well its a 6.0 with built 4l80e with a single 76mm Turbo. Im aware that I will need one built to handle the power but Im looking for a drive around my subdivision easy driveshaft. Ive spent way to much money on this driveshaft to find out that it will not work.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well its a 6.0 with built 4l80e with a single 76mm Turbo. Im aware that I will need one built to handle the power but Im looking for a drive around my subdivision easy driveshaft. Ive spent way to much money on this driveshaft to find out that it will not work.
Understood, I believe I would get a yoke from a salvage and build it myself, as long as the speed is kept to a minimum You should be fine.

Carl
Old 04-02-2016, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

i got the one for my daily off ebay when i did the 4l60-to-80 swap

mine uses the lil 1310 u joints, but 1330 and 1350's are available.

they are super cheap with no part number...i suspect they are CAM parts which are hit and mostly miss. but it's fine for the 300 or so hp i put into it.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:39 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks
I just researched all this. The stock driveshaft will work.

Its better if you have a "fully splined" rear output shaft. Change it out and you will be much better off. If you don't have the fully splined rear shaft....and you have the half splined bolt-in rear shaft.....lots more work to do.

If you swap it to a fully splined shaft, which is veery quick and easy according to the transmission experts, then all you need to do is buy one part....a TH400 slip yoke for $81.00
http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p108...ine_th400.html

DONE.

Heres my thread from a couple weeks ago. All the info is here.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...will-work.html

Last edited by LS6427; 04-03-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

yeah you gotta pull the rear housing to see if its splined all the way up. if not you need a counterbored slip yoke

Quick Reply: Stock Camaro Driveshaft to 4L80e HELP!!