Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60E Shift Help!!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60E Shift Help!!?

Hello. I am in need of some serious assistance. I have a 97 K1500 . 4L60E. I recently rebuilt the transmission. Overhaul kit, clutches steels , **** like that. I put in a transgo shiftkit. Basic one orange box. My trans is acting funny. I can start it up, reverse out of the driveway , put it in drive and take off. It shifts fine, gets up to speeds fine. But if i slow down to a stop sign or somthing it will take off in what seems like 4th or somthin. And sometimes ill start it up, go to drive and it will take off in 4th then too. Sometimes it will work just fine. But its often enough that its annoying. i havent driven it very far that much. just around the block or to the gas station. IDK why this is happening. Need some assistance please!
Old 05-03-2016, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Any codes stored?, Speedometer working normal?, Did you change all the Solenoids during the rebuild? Do you have a scan tool capable of displaying Live Data?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The light is onbut, it was on before. Crank posistion code or somthin. I did not replace any solenoids and i do not have a scanner. I saw a video where i can test the solenoids by adding power and blowing through a tube. Was wondering if it takes acertain amount of air pressure to really see if they are closing or not, or if my lungs will suffice. and also, during my rebuild there was a solenoid , i think the TCC. The plastic where the harness pluged into it was broke so i kinda rigged it with a zip tie so it would stay connected. ima replace it now that i have to get back in it.

Quick Reply: 4l60E Shift Help!!?