Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank PAS3800 Install/6l80e...DAMN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yank PAS3800 Install/6l80e...DAMN!!!

Hey all, well after reading many, many, threads I decided I wanted to install a nice convertor in my 07 ls2 SBE/LS3 headed 6.0. The motor has a pretty rowdy cam (230s) and full intake/exhaust bolt on's making 440 wheel on 93 pump gas through the 6L80e trans.

I decided to go with Dave @YANK recommendation to use the new PAS3800 single disk convertor. I plan on spraying the car lightly eventually and Dave stated that this convertor would give me the best NA performance while still being able to handle a light hit of spray. He stated that if I went with a lower stall I could spray more or go with a higher stall and spray less.. For me that was a no brainer because I would race it on motor 90% of the time. PLUS, less nitrous will be easier on the motor in the long run. I had a buddy of mine Dennis at Redline Performance (Redline2k on here) in Daytona Beach do the convertor install as well as install a nice Hayden 679 beefy trans cooler.

Prior to the new convertor the car had a stock convertor which was WAYYYYYY Tooo Tight! Bad surging and bucking when it would go into overdrive *45-50mph. Now, the issue is gone and not having to click it into N at stop lights is really nice. lol

I'm currently breaking the converter in to the 150-200 mile mark before I hammer BUT just driving it around the car feels AWESOME!!! The convertor is definitely on the looser side (hovers right at 2k rpms to get going) once it locks up the car drives as if it was BONE STOCK. I still have a factory tune in it but I had Shane Hinds do a remote custom trans tune for that I will be loading tomorrow. ShaneFap on youtube was the ONLY person I could find that had ANY videos or info on this convertor!!!!! I was a bit hesitant to go with it at first due to not finding any info about it but I'm glad I did.

This is not my daily driver so I was okay with it being pretty loose. I would recommended someone that was to daily their car to buy the PAS3400 as it would be a little tighter and better in stop/go traffic. The MPGS have suffered but only driving around town. Driving the car on the highway at 75-80 it runs flawless! I would tell anyone looking to buy a convertor that Dave's unit is worth every penny! His knowledge and info really helped me in making a good purchase. Also, I would HIGHLY recommend someone buying anything over 3200 stall to get a nice cooler. My trans temps are now in the 130s 170*highest vs the 200+ as they were before. I hope this helps anyone looking at this line of convertor and I will be adding videos of it eventually! -Shawn G.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:01 PM

Received 392 Likes on 300 Posts

Thanks for the posting.
Great to know that sponsor Yank makes a good 6L80e converter.

Quick Reply: Yank PAS3800 Install/6l80e...DAMN!!!