Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking transmission after converter

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leaking transmission after converter

I need some help here guys. I bought a brand new converter and installed it on my 02 Camaro SS. Transmission leaked so it was dropped again and the front seal was replaced. Up with it and I still get a leak after running the car. The only thing I can think of is the welds on the converter have some kid of pinhole or tiny crack. When the oil heats up and gets thinner, it leaks. I have never seen this. The company offer to replace it as it has warranty so that is not a big deal(great customer service by the way). The car was not leaking before, it only has 12k original miles. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Basco; 09-13-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

Where in Mississippi are you located? I take it that the leak is coming from the bell housing area since you suspect the T/C is leaking? If you pull the trans out again check that the pump bushing hasn’t moved forward. Most likely not the problem but something to check while trans is out of the car.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the leak is in the bell housing area. I am in Hattiesburg. Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know what the problem was.

Last edited by Basco; 09-15-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Leaking transmission after converter