Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCU TPS Signal with DBW

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gpbeau
Poorhousenext--the engine is GMPP's LS376 engine which definitely uses a DBW throttle. No cable, no mechanical pedal. It sounds like you're splicing into the throttle pedal signal and not the TPS signal on the throttle body (between pedal and TAC)? [The pedal signal connect to the TAC which talks to the ECU which then controls the DBW throttle--there isn't a direct connection between the pedal and the throttle that I know of,] Is that the case? I've seen posts stating to splice into the rising TPS signal on the throttle body (there are two, one rising, one falling) for the TCU, but some posts indicate this can cause problems with the ECU reading that TPS signal. If you have any detail on what specific signal you used with success, I'd be very interested to learn!
Originally Posted by gpbeau
Poorhousenext--the engine is GMPP's LS376 engine which definitely uses a DBW throttle. No cable, no mechanical pedal. It sounds like you're splicing into the throttle pedal signal and not the TPS signal on the throttle body (between pedal and TAC)? [The pedal signal connect to the TAC which talks to the ECU which then controls the DBW throttle--there isn't a direct connection between the pedal and the throttle that I know of,] Is that the case? I've seen posts stating to splice into the rising TPS signal on the throttle body (there are two, one rising, one falling) for the TCU, but some posts indicate this can cause problems with the ECU reading that TPS signal. If you have any detail on what specific signal you used with success, I'd be very interested to learn!
Just followed the wiring instructions shipped with TCI 6X with Red Box controller. This was done back in 2010.

The answer to your problem just might be found in the wiring instructions for the 6x and red box. At one time those instructions were downloadable form TCI's web site. They could be located in the same locations as you retrieved the Serial Port software download from, if still not available on website.

The other way would be to try an get a copy of wiring instructions from TCI on were to tap in for signal. To do that you might have to ask this question, "Is there anyone up the chain of command that worked on the development of the 6X still working for Comp Cam/TCI", there was a couple of years ago an he knows.

It would not surprise me if what you need to know is not available in the EZ wiring harness install also, so you might try and find a copy wiring diagram for it posted on TCI's Website.

Or below maybe what you need. Might see if they ship one of those with the EZ kit.

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/electronic...-y-harnesshtml
Old 01-29-2018, 06:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 504 Likes on 328 Posts

How about using a turbocharger wastgate vacuum actuator. Connect the vacuum port to the manifold and the actuator to your tv. Manifold vacuum/ pressure is a great indicator of load.

Quick Reply: TCU TPS Signal with DBW