Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Th400 is complete....ran through gears today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Th400 is complete....ran through gears today.

So, at last this thing has finally been installed and tested today. Good news....uncertain news though. I filled it with fluid and fired up the car...tranny at least works in every gear. But I have one concern. With this tci transbrake, you are not supposed to be able to apply reverse until the transbrake solenoid is engaged. But I noticed that I was getting reverse even without the brake being engaged. So I ask, is the reverse I'm getting just a weak reverse, then when the brake is applied do I get full reverse? My thinking is, having left out a couple of seals in the reverse servo (per instructions) may have caused this but I'm not sure. Any help will be appreciated. I filmed the startup and the audio is horrid, and I didn't edit....please forgive me.

Last edited by Game ova; 02-17-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

No one?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you followed all the instructions on the build it should work as designed. I would call up tci and see what they say. Not sure if it matters that no driveshaft was installed when trying it out and that is the culprit (could be some type of freewheeling but no power going to it).

Quick Reply: Th400 is complete....ran through gears today.