Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much pitch on a 4l60 e

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much pitch on a 4l60 e

I have done a ls1 swap into a 95 firebird and the ls1 transmission cross member will not fit the lt1 models so i had to use an lt1 crossmember and to use it i had to elongate the hole for the tranny mount and in doing that i dont know if the tranny is at the right pitch to the rear end and i read on magnus's site that he had to shim it up because he ran into the same problem. Can someone maybe measure from a specific point on the tail of the tranny to the top of the tunnel and tell me what the measurements are and what specific point on the tail you used to take the measurements. and weather or not the car was on a lift or jack stands etc so i will know where your rear end was when you took them thanks
Old 08-09-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt..
Old 08-09-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Match it as closely as possible to the angle of the pinion on the rear end. The less the difference is between the two angle the less vibration you will have.

It is more critical for the angles of the tailshaft and pinion to be the same than it is to have the transmission tailshaft pointed at the rear end pinion shaft.