Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help...

I recently put in my forged 6.0L with a turbo in my car. I have a YankSS4000 stall converter on the stock tranny. Fluid and filter was changed about 2-3k miles ago or so. Driving home last night the converter locked up real early while driving to the on ramp, I'd say 30mph or so. Then while on the interstate it would not unlock in 4th gear, I would have to drop it down to 3rd to get it to unlock. After I got off the interstate I came to a stop light. Took off from that light and the car jerked and jumped kind of like I was stabbing the throttle but wasn't. Then I noticed the car idled a lot lower when in gear. After it would shift gears it would do the same thing again, it seemed to act ok or normal after it stopped jerking and the engine revved a little higher. Any idea's?

-Sly
Old 09-03-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by slyws6
I recently put in my forged 6.0L with a turbo in my car. I have a YankSS4000 stall converter on the stock tranny. Fluid and filter was changed about 2-3k miles ago or so. Driving home last night the converter locked up real early while driving to the on ramp, I'd say 30mph or so. Then while on the interstate it would not unlock in 4th gear, I would have to drop it down to 3rd to get it to unlock. After I got off the interstate I came to a stop light. Took off from that light and the car jerked and jumped kind of like I was stabbing the throttle but wasn't. Then I noticed the car idled a lot lower when in gear. After it would shift gears it would do the same thing again, it seemed to act ok or normal after it stopped jerking and the engine revved a little higher. Any idea's?

-Sly
Sly, do you think it is possible that there were metal flakes from the converter in there? And if so, do you think it might be worth while to change the fluid and filter again? Also, I don’t know what kind of fluid you used, but, I don’t think the Yank converters like synthetic fluids. I read a lot about this a couple of years ago when I was having trouble with my converter. I will see if I can find some of that info.

Old 09-03-2004, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't use synthetic in it, also I've had the converter on there for quite awhile now. There's no way to get metal flakes in it unless stuff in the tranny is broken

-Sly
Old 09-03-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

I am trying to find where I read about the shavings coming from the outside edges of the converter its self for some reason.?.? I am still searching, it has been a while back. 2 years??