Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-3 servo issues???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2-3 servo issues???

well ive attempted to adjust all the shift settings with my hptuner and nothing will get my 2-3 shift down from bouncing the rev limiter a few times before the shift.. i turned down my shift rpm to 5900 and turned the shift speed down from 66 to 59 mph and still nothing even increased the rev limit to 6400 and still bouncing.. i have a transgo on a stock 4l60 and this problem has been a issue since i changed to 3.73's from 3.23's. i dont know how soon after the install but its relatively close so it might be an issue.. but somewhere on a different forum i saw that a guy had the same issue as me and just changed his servo out and it was fine..

now i dont believe my tranny is slipping due to it being fine at all other settings except wot.. it acts like the thing goes into neutral for a few seconds right at the desired shift rpm but then revs but eventually goes into third.. my shift firmess is also up a tad in wot i have them set at .350 from stock .500.. any suggestions

id like to try this servo thing. anyone know where i can find a good type of servo for this??? thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My tranny is doing the same thing after I put in a set 3.73's and my converter. How hard is it to install a new servo, what servo should I get, and does anyone have a decent writeup on changing it?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

lol a servo is about the easiest thing u can change on the tranny... all u have to do is drop the pan, pop a clip out, un hook it from the harness and install the new one...

ive heard about the corvette servos are better. and ive heard that some of our cars already have them??? i posted in hopes someone already was well aware of this on here...or maybe of some where i could find a replacement vette servo?and how much they are...
Old 09-28-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitrousfed
lol a servo is about the easiest thing u can change on the tranny... all u have to do is drop the pan, pop a clip out, un hook it from the harness and install the new one...

ive heard about the corvette servos are better. and ive heard that some of our cars already have them??? i posted in hopes someone already was well aware of this on here...or maybe of some where i could find a replacement vette servo?and how much they are...

Thanks man, I don't know too much about transmissions.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Y-bodies, LT1 B-bodies and LT1/LS1 F-bodies came with the "vette" servo from the factory.

If the condition is caused by fluid cavitation, you can install a deeper pan.

When you did the TransGo, what did you drill the 3rd feed orifice (hole "A") to?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

your problem might be a bad shift solenoid. My car is doing the exact same thing yours is doing. I just changed the 2-3 shift solenoid and set the shift points. So far its shifting fine.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

i drilled it out to the specified size for the second stage.. not the high stall if thats one that u had an option too....

so wheres the best place to find a replacement solenoid.. or is it a dealer only item?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

You can get the solenoid at a GM dealer.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

well i just ordered it from the dealer.. only 24 bucks so its not all that expensive.

if it doesnt solve the problem then its time for me to start the m6 convert. hehe ive been lookin for a reason to do it
Old 09-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

does yor computer show any codes for the trans????sounds like a 2-3 flair to me..probably has electrical problem or worn/burnt 3/4 clutches.. what did the pan look like when you installed the shift kit??? any debris/clutch material ???whats the mileage on the car...ever had the tranny rebuilt before???

the servo is on the side of the trans and is held in by a snap ring..you dont have to drop the pan to replace it..go to http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4L60E.htm and get the billett O/D servo and the billett intermediate servo...your looking at about $180..ive installed a bunch of these at my shop...they work awesome
Old 09-30-2004, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

well i have hptuners.... it was in great shape about 5 k ago.. the tranny bands and clutches shown very little wear.. on hptuners when i scanned the 2-3 shifts it still shows the shift as what it was before this issue so i know the shift is still happening at the right firmness its just not being delivered at the right time.which means its not slipping. i tried to tune it out and had no luck so only thing left is changing the solenoid.. ive heard from numerous people that they experienced the same type of issues before they changed the solenoid and it fixed there probs.. it will be here at 8 am tommorrow so ill let u know what happens with it
Old 09-30-2004, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

btw its 80k miles and im not sure if its been replaced only owned the car for about 7k miles.. everything else seems fine with the tranny. it was really well taken care of before me.. the wiring all looked great so i doubt theres any burns...
Old 10-03-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitrousfed
well i have hptuners.... it was in great shape about 5 k ago.. the tranny bands and clutches shown very little wear.. on hptuners when i scanned the 2-3 shifts it still shows the shift as what it was before this issue so i know the shift is still happening at the right firmness its just not being delivered at the right time.which means its not slipping. i tried to tune it out and had no luck so only thing left is changing the solenoid.. ive heard from numerous people that they experienced the same type of issues before they changed the solenoid and it fixed there probs.. it will be here at 8 am tommorrow so ill let u know what happens with it
Did changing the solenoid fix the problem?
Old 10-04-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TeamTripp
Y-bodies, LT1 B-bodies and LT1/LS1 F-bodies came with the "vette" servo from the factory.

If the condition is caused by fluid cavitation, you can install a deeper pan.

When you did the TransGo, what did you drill the 3rd feed orifice (hole "A") to?

how could you tell if its fluid cavitation?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Hey Steve, hook up a pressure gage to the line pressure port a couple of inches above the shift lever and run it under door and over to the passenger side so your co-pilot can watch the gage as you drive a @ W.O.T. and if you have cavation you will see the pressure fall off as the problem is accuring,..... no pressure drop = no cavation. More to come........Matt
Old 10-05-2004, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks, sounds easy enough
Old 10-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

I installed a super servo. It shifts a hell of a lot better than stock. I have LS1 edit and she feels great throgh all shifts @ wot.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RAGE
I installed a super servo. It shifts a hell of a lot better than stock. I have LS1 edit and she feels great throgh all shifts @ wot.
I have the inner billit servo and the outer billit super servo and love it. But i've got alot more goodies in my tranny than that. You can check the whole list at my webpage in my sig.