Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission holds gears too long when coming to a stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission holds gears too long when coming to a stop

After installing a transgo shift kit and a TCI ssf 3500 tc when I am coming to a stop at a light, my transmission doesn't shift down fast enough and it holds the gear too long and stall my motor sometimes. (like having a manual transmission and leaving it in gear when coming to a stop instead of pressing in the clutch) All of this has seemed to start happening after I installed the shift kit. Also ever since I put the shift kit in and the tc while driving down the road crusing in d3 it will seem like it shifts itself into overdrive without me putting it in OD. Also when its in overdrive going down the interstate its almost like it shifts into a 5th gear. I believe this is the tc locking up but I'm not sure. Engines are my thing not transmissions so anyone with experience with auto trannies please help!!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the verter is staying locked when you are coming to a stop. You really don't hear of this too often but by what you are describing that may be the case. And yeah it will seem like you have 5 gears but one of them is the verter locking...usually around 40mph. Sorry I don't have any fixes for you, but i'm shure someone will get you on the right path. Good luck!!