Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on setup

whats up guys just wanted your opinions on the setup i am going to start soon. Street Fighter Torque Converter, 3500 Stall Speed, 2.5:1 STR, tranny cooler, drag radials, and ls6 cam. not sure on cam yet but its what im leaning toward. i don't want something to lopey and want to remain streetable. suggestions?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

if you're inquiring about a cam you might get better responses in the correct forum..

Matt
Old 01-06-2005, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

wondering weather the stall is to big for the cam? cam to small for stall. if i decide not to buy the cam is there anything i shud by with the stall,tranny cooler and radials to help all around performance?
Old 01-06-2005, 02:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by myricekiller
wondering weather the stall is to big for the cam? cam to small for stall. if i decide not to buy the cam is there anything i shud by with the stall,tranny cooler and radials to help all around performance?
That cam will gain you about 15, maybe 20 hp, but it will all be above 4,000 RPMs. And I believe your rev limiter can be raised 400 RPMs as well. All of your gains will not be in the usable area. Just what I've been told before about that one.

As for the stall, I think it sounds good. Depending on your gears, it may make it hard to get traction even with drag radials. I think you should also invest in a Transgo Shift Kit; it'll firm up your shifts, prolong the life of your tranny, and take some of the loose feeling out the stall while driving around.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

thanks alot i am def going with stall+radials. done my research on that just curious about a cam that would work with that stall. shift kit and tranny cooler along with the stall gotcha. btw i have 2.73's? harder to hook up on drag radials?