Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Problem

I know, it's a Ford trans. I've got a TransKing C4 w/ reverse manual valvebody. At the track tonight it wouldn't click into second. I let it sit and cool off for a while and then drove it home. I shifted into second on the way home but still didn't act right, I stabbed the gas a couple times and it would flash to 3900-4000(what the stall is at) and it would act fine past that rpm. As I was pulling into the driveway I clicked it back up into 2nd and it acted fine. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Old 01-22-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default second

Originally Posted by bottlefed5.0
I know, it's a Ford trans. I've got a TransKing C4 w/ reverse manual valvebody. At the track tonight it wouldn't click into second. I let it sit and cool off for a while and then drove it home. I shifted into second on the way home but still didn't act right, I stabbed the gas a couple times and it would flash to 3900-4000(what the stall is at) and it would act fine past that rpm. As I was pulling into the driveway I clicked it back up into 2nd and it acted fine. Any ideas what could be wrong?
you may be over powering the second gear band, it's not very big. for something bullet proof and faster check my site
Old 01-22-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be trying to get ahold of Transking monday morning.